BGM Social Service Centre is a registered charitable trust, based in Thiruvananthapuram / Trivandrum, Kerala, India. BGM strives to uplift the weaker section in the society with special emphasis on the development basic needs of women and children.
The registered office of BGM is situated at Neyyardam, which is a well known tourist center in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India, which is laying close to Western Ghats Sahayadri hills. Majority of the Peoples are farmers and Tribes. Though it is a well known tourist center developmental activities are comparatively in slow motion and number of poor families remains without basic needs.
The developmental activities implemented by BGM Social Service Centre are much appreciated by the peoples and local administrations. Trust is mainly involved to develop basic human needs of needy poor rural people. In addition to this, BGM is also involved in number of charitable activities, which help for the development of the whole society.
Under the leadership of Managing Trustee, Sri.K Wilson, other trustees and friends, BGM has created a number of employment opportunities in the rural areas through various training programmes and through project implementation.
Main Objectives of BGM Social Service Centre
- To work for the upliftment of rural people in financial, cultural and social developments.
- To conduct training programmes to unemployed rural youth and women so as to guide them to secure job opportunities.
- To organize women’s groups and train them to set up income generating units.
- To encourage rural development programmes which will enable the rural people to self-sustainability.
- To conduct environment related programmes, so as to create awareness on such issues.
- Dissemination and implementation of health, hygiene and sanitary measures so as to make the rural poor self reliant.
- To conduct personality development programmes for the benefit of rural women.
- To organize activities like village reconstruction and welfare which may help to improve the socio- economic conditions of the people
- To capacitate women to ensure active participation in development activities implemented by various Government agencies.
BGM's management committee meets once a month. The members are:
- Mr Wilson Kochukunju
- Mr John
- Mrs Annamma Vargheese
- Mr Vijayan
- Mr Lordon
- Mrs Lalitha
- Mrs Komalam
BGM has an advisory board that meets at least once a year. The board members are:
- Mr B Siddarthan, Development Consultant, Chennai
- Mr R Arul Raj, National Secretary, SCI, New Delhi
- Mr R Asokan, ADC, Kollam
- Mrs Suma Cheriyan
- Mrs Sunu Varghese
- Mrs Lekha Chandran